Dos and Don’ts of Proper Nail care
Nail care is an essential part of the body care regime not just because hands are always visible, but also because nails are fragile and need utmost attention.
Nails are an indispensable part of body, that can’t be ignored, when it comes to complete makeup. In fact, makeup is incomplete without nice nail art. But for any experimentation, you should have strong nails that can withstand any trials.
We finish most of our household chores with our hands that undergo all the wear and tear. Our nails too fall victims of this wear and tear. Nails are frail and vulnerable and are prone to infections because a tiny cut or chip in the nail can result in infection.
Most of us spend huge amount on manicures and pedicures to take care of our hands, nails and feet but visiting a salon every alternate day is unmanageable and economically not viable for most of us.
Let’s get rid of this expensive affair when we can easily take care of our nail bed right at our home. Below are some of the tips that we should keep in mind for healthy and strong nails. For better understanding, let’s discuss what are the dos and don’ts of the right nail care.
1. It is important to keep your fingernails dry and clean.
2. Try wearing gloves while washing your dishes, whenever possible, to reduce the effects of harsh chemical on your nails.
3. Cut your nails following a right technique. Start with trimming straight across and then gently round the tips.
4. Moisturize your nails well so that they don’t become dry and brittle.
5. Apply nail hardener to strengthen those brittle nails.
6. Include Biotin rich diet in your meals. Biotin vitamins help in strengthening the nails. Apart from specific biotin supplements these vitamins are also found in egg yolk, nuts, soyabean and other legumes, whole grains, bananas, mushrooms, organ meats etc.
7. Water is considered beneficial for our health as it keeps the body hydrated. Drink plenty of water contributes to healthy nails as well.
Apart from do’s there are various don’t that just can’t be ignored for healthy nails.
1. Avoid using nail paint remover more often. Chemicals in most of the nail paint removers pose threat to the nail bed.
2. Don’t remove your cuticles. Cuticle, the thin skin along the bottom of our nail bed offers a shield from infections. Removing these cuticles may act as a gateway for microbes. In fact, even if you are visiting a salon tell your manicurist not to remove your cuticles.
3. After washing your hands try pushing your cuticle back with the help of some wooden tool instead of metal tools.
4. When filing, don’t file like a saw. This method can cause splits in the nails and it can damage the skin if water enters the nail bed. Gently stroke the file along the nail in one direction.
5. Don’t file wet nails. Wet nails are soft and tend to break easily.
Just keep in mind these tips and flaunt your nails in style.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.