Some Dos and Don'ts for the Proper Suncare
What comes to mind when you hear the word ‘summers’? Undeniably, it is the scorching sun, sweat, suntan, sunburn, itching, dehydration, dryness and further on.
Skin suffers a lot during the summer season and bears maximum damage due to climate change and rise in temperature. Neglecting skincare may invite several skin related problems that could even cost you your life. More than a cosmetic issue preventing sun damage becomes essential for a healthy body.
This may raise several eyebrows but according to the American Cancer Society more than one million cases of skin cancer were diagnosed in the United States in 2007. There were chances to avoid several of these cases with the help of apt protective skin care.
Sun emits hazardous rays and sunscreen is the key to keep sun related problems at bay. Though this is not the only remedy but effective sunscreen coverage can keep you away from several harms.
Let’s discuss some of the tips for a healthy and sunburn free skin:
1) Be cautious while driving for long hours, as UVA rays can penetrate easily though car windows. Don't just apply sunscreen but try to keep your skin covered. UVA and UVB rays can suppress the immune system resulting in wrinkles and brown spots.
2) Apply sunscreen at regular intervals, as even ‘water-resistant’ or ‘waterproof’ sunscreens don’t last longer. They wear off easily after excessive sweating.
3) Don’t forget to apply sunscreen to lips and ears besides hands and forearms as these areas too receive sun exposure and show signs of aging.
4) Sunscreens are helpful but for yielding maximum effectiveness it needs to be fully absorbed into your skin before you step out in the sun. It is advised to apply a sunscreen at least 15 to 30 minutes before heading outdoors.
5) Cool baths and moisturizers showcase healing results in the summers. They can treat sunburns easily. So, just don't panic if you got sunburned!
6) Sunrays are most harmful when the sun is at its peak. Try avoiding sun exposure during the middle of the day between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m as sun's rays are strongest and harm the most.
7) Try staying out of direct sunlight as sun's rays can penetrate easily through umbrellas and shades and they can also bounce off reflective surfaces including water, sand et al.
8) Try wearing clothes that provide added sun protection. Wear Light weight, full-sleeved shirts. Wide-brimmed hats and UV protected sunglasses are also recommended.
9) Wear light colours during summers as they absorb less heat than dark colours.
10) Don't forget to use sunscreen lotion or cream during the day even if you are staying indoors.
Follow these simple tips to keep your skin healthy and sunburn-free. And let it kiss the sun with a smile.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.